2015 EKURHULENI SPORTS AWARDS
NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN
23 January 2015
2015 EKURHULENI SPORTS AWARDS NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN
Nominations for the 2015 Ekurhuleni Sports Awards are now open and individuals, clubs and organizations are invited to submit their candidates for the awards before February 27.
The City of Ekurhuleni is committed to recognize sporting excellence in the region and to reward those who represent Ekurhuleni nationally as amateur or professional sportspersons.
The fourth instalment of the Ekurhuleni Sports Awards will see individual champions and those that belong to local sport associations, clubs walking away with the most coveted sporting awards.
“When we reward sports man and women, we are rewarding good health, patriotism, discipline, role models and greatness. It is therefore important that we always remember those who continue to make the City proud in various sporting codes,” said Ekurhuleni metro’s spokesperson Themba Gadebe.
Nominations are for the sporting achievements attained during the period starting January 2014 to 31
Nomination categories are as follows:
- Sportsman of the year
- Sports woman of the year
- Outstanding sport official
- Outstanding sport administrator
- Sportsman of the year (people with disability)
- Sportswoman of the year (people with disability)
- Junior sportsman of the year
- Junior sportswoman of the year
- Coach of the year
- Team of the year
- Sports federation of the year
- Secondary sport school of the year
- Primary sport school of the year
- Sports fan of the year.
Nominations must be filled in on an official form and submitted not later than the 27th February 2015 at the below mentioned areas:
- Southern Region: Sports and Recreation offices, Germiston Stadium, Delvelle Road North, Germiston.
- Northern Region: Sport and Recreation offices, Plane Road, Kempton Park.
- Eastern Region: Sport and Recreation offices, Room 117, 1st floor Springs Civic Center, Springs.
For more information contact Mr Pieter Lotter on (011) 999 – 0695 or Asaf Rantho on (011) 999 – 1746
For more information media may contact Themba Gadebe on 011 999 1522 / 076 303 7594 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spokesperson / Senior Media Manager
Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality
Department: Communications and Brand Management
Address: 47 Van Buuren Road, Bedfordview, 2007
Tel: 011 999 0111/0103/0169/1522
Fax: 086 211 6487